Follow Us :

Types of Company House Documents

Company House Documents are documents that companies are required to submit for filing at Companies House. Companies House is the government agency responsible for company registration in Great Britain. It also has a key role in providing this information as Company House Documents about British companies to the public.

Types of Company House Documents

Companies House also deal with the incorporation, re-registration and striking off of companies. For incorporation, the following Company House Documents need to be filed, these are:

  • Memorandum of Association. This Company House Report sets out: the company's name; the location of the registered office; and the company's objectives.
  • Articles of Association - this sets out rules for the running of the company's material affairs.
  • Company House Documents - Form 10, which gives the details of first directors and secretary and the intended situation of the registered office.
  • Form 12 - this is the declaration on application for registration

The above Company House Documents, along with the registration fee must be sent to the Registrar of Companies.

Once incorporated, the company director has the personal responsibility to file other Company House Documents such as information about the capital structure, the management and activities of the company, therefore making them available to the public. This could be in the form of accounts, or annual returns every twelve months, starting on the day of incorporation. It is very important that these financial Company House Documents are filed on time and regularly at Companies House, as no one will be able to obtain any up-to-date information on the company. This could translate into trading problems such as lost clients, lost investors and loan refusals.

Most of the Company House Documents have a time limit in which they must be submitted. Documents pertaining to the change of directors and secretaries must be submitted and filed within 14 days:

  • Company House Documents Form 288a - for appointments
  • Company House Documents Form 288b - for resignations
  • Company House Documents Form 288c for change of personal details.

Details of new shares being allotted must be submitted within one month using form 88(2). Any special or extraordinary resolutions or some types of ordinary resolutions must be submitted within 15 days of them being passed by the company. Company House Documents detailing any mortgage or charge created by the company must be submitted within 21 days and a change of registered office within 14 days. Any changes made within the company only become legally effective when the relevant Company House Documents are registered at Companies House.

Company House Documents from checkSURE

You can purchase original Company House Documents online through checkSURE Ltd. The Company House Documents will be delivered to your desktop instantly through your checkSURE portfolio as scanned files in a pdf format.

Take advantage of checkSURE's free registration to receive Company House Documents.

Source -

The Original 21st Century Company Checks Site...

Since Launching in the early years of this Century, the checkSURE database has been updated nearly 60 million times data related to companies and UK directors.

How it works in 3 easy steps...

How it works in 3 easy steps Search, Register, Buy, checkOUT!. View in your checkSURE Portfolio. CLICK HERE TO VIEW STEPS

What checkSURE offers which others don’t…

  • Users comments on companies shared with others
  • Payment performance data indicates late payers
  • Unlimited reports storage with no time restrictions
Photo of Companies house building

Companies House

Britain may be getting a bit of an economic bashing but here’s an institution of which we should be proud. For more infomation on Companies house go to this page - Read More

checkOnomist analysis

News and Analysis

Our resident ‘checkOnomist’ gives you the latest analysis of the economic landscape and the factors that effect the credit environment for small businesses, partnership, sole traders and company directors - Read More