Company House Documents and their Functions
Companies are required to submit Company House Documents for filing at Companies House. One of the key roles of Companies House is to provide this information about British companies to the public as Company House Documents.
Different Types of Company House Documents
The other key role that Companies House have is to deal with the incorporation, re-registration and striking off of companies. Companies House provides the Company House Documents that companies need to fill out and file away with them.
When a company is incorporated, the following Company House Documents need to be filed, these are:
- Memorandum of Association. This sets out: the company's name; the location of the registered office; and the company's objectives.
- Articles of Association - These Company House Documents sets out rules for the running of the company's material affairs.
- Company House Documents Form 10 - gives the details of first directors and secretary and the intended situation of the registered office.
- Form 12 - this is the declaration on application for registration
The above Company House Documents, along with the registration fee must be sent to the Registrar of Companies.
Once incorporated, the company director has the personal responsibility to file other Company House Documents such as information about the capital structure and the management and activities of the company. This could be in the form of accounts, or annual returns every twelve months, starting from the incorporation date. It is very important that these financial Company House Documents are filed on time and regularly at Companies House, as no one will be able to obtain any up-to-date information on the company. This could translate into trading problems such as lost clients, lost investors and loan refusals.
There is a time limit to which Company House Documents must be submitted. Documents pertaining to any changes in directors and secretaries must be submitted and filed within 14 days:
- Company House Documents Form 288a - for appointments
- Company House Documents Form 288b - for resignations
- Company House Documents Form 288c for change of personal details.
Details of new shares being allotted must be submitted within one month using form 88(2). Any special or extraordinary resolutions or some types of ordinary resolutions must be submitted within 15 days of them being passed by the company. Company House Documents detailing any mortgage or charge created by the company must be submitted within 21 days and a change of registered office within 14 days. Any changes made within the company only become legally effective when the relevant Company House Documents are registered.
Source - www.companieshouse.gov.uk
The Original 21st Century Company Checks Site...
Since Launching in the early years of this Century, the checkSURE database has been updated nearly 60 million times data related to companies and UK directors.
How it works in 3 easy steps...
How it works in 3 easy steps Search, Register, Buy, checkOUT!. View in your checkSURE Portfolio. CLICK HERE TO VIEW STEPS
What checkSURE offers which others don’t…
- Users comments on companies shared with others
- Payment performance data indicates late payers
- Unlimited reports storage with no time restrictions
Britain may be getting a bit of an economic bashing but here’s an institution of which we should be proud. For more infomation on Companies house go to this page - Read More